Registration Open for the 2017 Women Leading Greater Good Forum™
Alliance for Greater Works™ will host the Fifth Annual 2017 Women Leading Greater Good Forum™ on Thursday, May 4, 2017 at the Hackberry Creek Country Club, 1901 W Royal Ln, Irving, TX 75063. The power-packed program is scheduled 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The annual Women Leading Greater Good Forum seeks to convene, connect, and celebrate extraordinary women leaders from business, education, faith, government, health systems, nonprofit and philanthropy to:
• Align core values with collective action for the betterment of all women.
• Gather and grow multi-generational women leaders, mentors, and strategic alliances
• Work together, sharing resources and expertise, to identify transformative solutions for women and girls living in poverty.
Women are crucial to the health of our society. Yet, more than ever, women exist as an invisible class at the intersection of gender and race. Sexism and misogyny is at an all time high in the U.S. and globally.
This year’s Forum theme focuses on the well being of women. When women are healthy and educated, their strength creates a positive ripple effect for their families and communities. When women are financially secure, families and communities are strong and stable. Unfortunately in too many places throughout North Texas and beyond, women face discrimination and violence that entraps them in poverty – along with their families and communities.
The 2017 Women Leading Greater Good Forum will include short talks, panels, collective learning, opportunities for networking and dynamic conversations that fuel action and strengthen the well-being of women. In addition, Alliance will recognize the nine 2017 Women Leading Greater Good Forum™ Honorees! These women are recognized for their selfless service and authentic leadership in transforming lives and communities. These distinguished women come from diverse industry sectors and are making a difference in the lives of women and girls mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually, economically and politically. Join us on May 4 as we celebrate their leadership and work! The 2017 Honorees are:
- Pansy Austin-Clemon, Director of Martha’s House
- Vicky Coffee, Program Manager, Hogg Foundation
- Representative Helen Giddings, District 109, State of Texas House of Representative
- Dr. Cynthia Rembert James, Director of Christian Education, Potter’s House
- Nike Ladapo, Attorney at Law
- Jan Edgar Langbein, CEO, Genesis Women’s Shelter
- Dr. Caroline Leaf, Cognitive Neuroscientist
- Bernadette Nutall, Board Trustee, Dallas Independent School District
- Dr. Samira Izadi Page, Founder and Executive Director of Gateway of Grace Ministries
Register today at www.allianceforgreaterworks.org. Tickets are $80. Sponsorship opportunities are also available. To request a sponsorship packet please contact Angela Johnson at email@example.com or 817.835.0271