Women's Alliance: Executive Leadership Program
Break barriers facing women and multicultural leaders in the nonprofit sector.
Personalized professional development for female leaders
- Are you passionate about and driven to achieve community impact?
- Do you desire a work environment where your work goals and life goals align?
- Do you wish to advance in your career and gain a female support network to make it happen?
Race and gender equity is essential for every woman to reach her full potential. Women’s Alliance aims to improve competencies and expand the capacity of executive women in the nonprofit sector. Participants receive the Nonprofit Executive Leadership Certificate upon completion.
Class Dates & Location
In-person classes will take place at The University of Texas at Dallas and The University of North Texas at Dallas campuses from 9am - 4 pm on the following days:
January 11, 2019
February 8, 2019
March 8, 2019
April 12 2019
May 2, 2019*
*There will also be a welcome reception on January 10 and graduates will be honored at the Women’s Alliance Forum on the evening of May 2, following a day of training.
WHY IT MATTERS
In the U.S., women represent 47% of the workforce and in 40% of families, women are the primary or sole breadwinner. (1)
For full-time workers, women earn on average 79% for every dollar a man earns. (2)
In the nonprofit sector, women make up 75% of the workforce, yet they hold approximately 20% of top leadership positions across the sector. (3)
The percentage of people of color in the executive director/CEO role has remained under 20% for the last 15 years. (4)
REGISTRATION & QUALIFICATION
- The 5-month program is being offered for a fee of $1,750 during its pilot year.
- Talent placement services are available to graduates for an additional cost.
- Participants may be eligible to apply for a limited number of merit-based scholarships, which cover partial cost of tuition. Contact Adrienne Christian for more information.
- Registrants will be asked to fill out a short questionnaire with their registration.
- This is a non-degree course that leads to the Nonprofit Executive Leadership Certificate.
- Women’s Alliance is designed for female leaders with 0-5 years’ experience in the nonprofit sector, especially those seeking executive roles or transitioning into from the corporate sector. Women of all levels and experience are welcome to apply.